Design will be learned through the online learning platform and is two parts. The second part will be near the end which relates to the process for creating two basics signs at the assessment workshops.
Pages 39 – 53 of the Signee Introduction to Industry Standards Workbook
Trainees will explore design elements and principles, typography, basic colour theory and gain an understanding about effective visual communication of a message, the factors relating to sign visibility and working with digital images.
- Visibility of signs
- Intro to visual communication
- Introduction to typography
- Common typeface categories
- Type personalities
- Intro to design fundamentals
- Intro to colour
- Colour modes in digital design
- Digital graphics – Vector vs Raster images
- Resolution of raster images
- Common industry software
- Common file formats used in the sign industry
Design – Part 2
Towards end of programme, the following lessons will be based on a basic sign brief that you will create at the final workshop assessment.
- Tips for effective signage design
- Intro into client brief
- Intro to design process