Most of the application pillar will be learned during work experience and supported through the Signee online learning programme.
Pages 82 – 113 of the Signee Introduction to Industry Standards Workbook
Trainees will develop knowledge in the selection and application of vinyl to a variety of surfaces. Develop knowledge in cutting, weeding, transfer techniques and preparing surfaces for vinyl and vinyl application techniques.
- Types of vinyl used in signage
- Storage and care
- Cast v’s calendered vinyl
- Substrates for vinyl application
- Preparing common surfaces for vinyl application
- Cut vinyl v’s printed vinyl
- Working with cut vinyl
- Using application/transfer tapes
- Applying simple vinyl graphics
- Removing vinyl graphics